Tamron SP AF 70-200MM F2.8 VC USD G2 - Nikon
Own it now, up to 6 months interest free.
A new version of one of Tamron’s most-loved telephoto zoom lens, the SP 70-200mm f2.8 G2 takes its lead from the older version and continues leaps and bounds. This new generation of the lens is faster to focus, better stabilised and with improved optics, which all-in-all leads to a more versatile, better performing lens. Suitable for both full frame and APS-C format Digital SLR, this lens is perfect for sports and wildlife, wedding photography and much more.
- Constant f2.8 maximum aperture
- Ultrasonic silent drive autofocus
- Vibration Compensation
- Moisture and dust resistant construction
- Removable Tripod Collar
An action ready telephoto lens from Tamron - Faster, more stable and optically superior
A reinvigoration of a hugely popular Tamron telephoto zoom lens, this Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 G2 will have many ears pricking up, particularly amongst the Sports, wildlife and wedding photography fields. Remaining intact are the long, versatile zoom range which is perfect for reaching across a crowded chapel to fill the frame with a happy couple, and a constant f2.8 aperture, which can easily help you to create pictures with shallow depths of field and will also facilitate tack sharp handheld pictures.
The 70-200mm f2.8 G2 features a reworked Vibration Compensation image stabiliser, which is rated at providing up to 5 stops improvement. This extra support and the resulting sharp images will come into play when shooting indoors, outdoors after dark and when utilising the full extent of the zoom range. Further functionality of this VC is three separate modes of stabilisation to aid in finding the perfect setting for any given scenario, including panning.
Also improved in this new Tamron telephoto lens is the autofocus, thanks to an Ultrasonic silent drive motor. Fast, quiet and accurate, this autofocus system will track and trace your subjects, moving or still and is suitable for capturing high-speed burst shots and video recording. For the more hands-on photographer, full-time manual focus override allows for making any necessary adjustments and fine-tuning without having to change any settings.
Other Key Features
- Closest focus distance reduced to just 0.95m
- Rugged dust and moisture resistant construction
- Fluorine coating on the front surface of the lens element protects from dust and oils, as well as making it easier to clean the surface
- Chromatic aberrations, distortions, flare and ghosting are all held at bay through various features of the optical construction, including low dispersion and extra-low dispersion lens elements and Tamron’s own eBand coating
|Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Tamron SP AF 70-200MM F2.8 VC USD G2
- Front lens cap - 77mm
- Rear Lens Cap
- Tripod Collar
- Lens Hood - HA025