Take great photos wherever you go!
While it’s true that many of us rely on our smartphones to take our daily happy snaps, there are times that call for the use of a dedicated camera. If you want to be able to quickly and accurately frame and zoom in on your subjects and capture beautiful photographs that can be enjoyed by future generations, but you also want something compact and lightweight that is easy to carry, you want a compact digital camera.
If you’re looking for a compact camera for beginners and want a simple point-and-shoot camera, there are plenty of pocket-friendly digital cameras available. If you are an advanced photographer looking for an advanced compact camera to use as an alternative to your DSLR or mirrorless camera, you should start your search in our advanced compact camera section.
How to choose the best compact camera?
Compact cameras come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and budgets. Here is the camera features to look out for when selecting the best compact camera for you:
- Size: While all compact cameras are smaller than interchangeable lens cameras, some are particularly portable. If you want something you can keep in your pocket at all times, make sure you consider the size of the camera.
- Zoom: Compact cameras are great cameras for travel photography. You don’t want to find yourself in the destination of your dreams without a camera to capture the memories you are creating. The best compact travel cameras feature long zoom ranges, so you can attain the best view of the sights, without having to make your way to the front of the busy crowds.
- Image quality: While we know now that megapixels are not the be-all and end-all, a higher megapixel count can help you print larger images and crop your photos while retaining their quality. Advanced compact cameras feature larger image sensors than basic point-and-shoot models, which results in better image quality, especially in low-light conditions.
- Video quality: When it comes to choosing a great camera for vlogging, portability is a bonus - enter the compact camera. As well as keeping an eye on the video resolution of the camera, look for something with a rotating LCD screen, and if possible a microphone input so you can record high-quality audio to go with your video.
- Waterproof: Are you looking to capture photos and videos of the vast worlds found underwater? Or maybe you just need something rough and ready that can handle the odd splash or fall. The best waterproof cameras are not just tough enough to be trusted to survive trips to the beach or pool, they will return home with brilliant images for you to share with your family and friends.
Shop compact digital cameras today!
There is no shortage of variety when it comes to selecting a compact camera. Whether you are the type that simply wants to point the camera and click the shutter, or you would like to be able to adjust key settings, such as ISO, aperture, and shutter speed, Ted’s cameras have the perfect compact camera for you, from brands like Canon, Sony, Nikon, Fujifilm and more. Get in touch with our friendly and helpful staff - they will be happy to play matchmaker!