Superb image quality from a premium super telephoto lens
Designed for Sports and action usage and for the most serious of professionals, is this world class telephoto zoom lens from Canon. The 200-400mm f4 L IS USM is a premium performer with top of the line optics, but its most significant feature is the built-in extender which can be employed with a simple lever. Taking the zoom range out to 280-560mm, the lens is made even more suited to capturing distant sports and wildlife, and it saves you the time, money and space of carrying even heavier and longer lens in your kit.
A built-in Image Stabiliser with 3 different shooting modes leaves you well-equipped to handle low light shooting conditions and fast moving subjects, without camera movement getting involved and ruining your shots. For this sort of stability to be offered in a professional quality telephoto zoom lens, is an wondrous advancement.
Leaving the Canon 200-400mm f4L IS even more suited to keeping you up to speed, is the ultrasonic motor that handles autofocus. This motor makes it possible to achieve focus accurately and in a pinch, which is just the sort of qualities you need when photographing the most fast-paced Sports and Wildlife. To help you keep these focus speeds as fast as possible are further inclusions such as, focus present, AF stop button and three separate focus distance ranges which can all be controlled from the lens.
Other Key Features
- Large constant f4 aperture (f5.6 with extender enabled)
- 9-blade circular aperture diaphragm -- promises beautiful bokeh
- Solid L series construction - dust and water resistant
- Fluorite and UD lens elements - Sharp images, no aberrations
- Rotating tripod mount included to make it easy to swap between horizontal and vertical shooting
- Premium lens coatings to diminish the appearance of flare and ghosting