A high-performance, all weather body from Pentax
The Pentax K-70 is the latest DSLR offering from Pentax and it's well-rounded feature set and rugged Weather-resistant construction are sure to please existing k-mount users, as well as winning over some new fans. Starting with the image-making features, the K-70 is sure to produce stunning results, using a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor minus an anti-aliasing filter for sharp pictures that are free from noise throughout the wide ISO range of 100-204800. Pentax’s PRIME MII image processor helps with the low-light performance as well as allowing for a fast 6 frames per second continuous shooting drive. Purely on its picture taking prowess the K-70 is set to impress.
With in-body sensor shift shake reduction the K-70 is afforded 4.5 stop stabilisation, no matter what lens is mounted on the body. This guarantees blur-free pictures in trickier situations, as well as assuring you will get the best out of your lenses, no matter how expensive or fancy they are. Related to this sensor-shift shake reduction is the included Pixel shift resolution system, which allows for the capture of 4 separate renderings of the same scene with a slight shift of the sensor. The result is a single composite image with an incredible amount of detail and accuracy, far exceeding what a single capture could produce.
Other Key Features
- Full HD 1080i Video at 60 fps
- Built-in WiFi connectivity
- Anti-Aliasing Filter function - reduces the appearance of Moire that may arise from the lack of a true AA Filter
- High-resolution 3-inch vari-angle LCD monitor - free and easy composition even in tricky scenarios
- SAFOX X Autofocus sensor - 11 AF sensors, including 9 cross type, results in accurate and fast focus speeds even in dull conditions
- Night vision LCD screen to enhance the low-light shooting experience