The SmartMyk delivers HD (Highly Defined) quality audio at its very best; transparent, clear recorded sound which is an authentic replication of the original source. The result is stunning sound that you never before thought possible, perfectly complementing the HD video.
Directional Condensor Mic
Background noise is a common problem with in-built microphones which tend to pick up everything around them. The SmartMyk uses a highly directional electret condenser microphone and rejection tube to minimise background noise and localise the sound to the focused image, ensuring you get more of the sound you want, and less of what you don't.
Integrated Shock Mount
The red shock mount built into the SmartMyk is made of TPE soft synthetic rubber, ensuring any noise created through camera handling vibrations are reduced to a minimum. The TPE material is also extremely resistant to cold temperatures which prevent it from freezing and therefore losing its flexible shock mount properties.
Gold Stereo Mini Jack Plug
The SmartMyk uses a 3.5 mm jack, complete with a 150mm curly cable, which plugs into any camera with a 3.5mm microphone input. The signal to the camera is dual mono delivering an identical signal to both the left and right audio track. With the aid of a readily available adaptor, it can also be used with cameras or other equipment that require an alternative input configuration (for example XLR inputs).
The SmartMyk weighs an incredible 60g, making it one of the lightest condenser microphones of its type on the market today. The body, tube and housing of the microphone are made of polycarbonate ABS material which is extremely lightweight, while at the same time remaining strong and robust.
Camera Bag Friendly
No need to detach the microphone before packing it away; unlike many other microphones on the market, the profile of the SmartMyk is so small that it comfortably fits into most camera bags still affixed to the camera.
200+ Hours Continuous Recording
The SmartMyk is powered by a reliable and widely-used CR 2032 button cell battery, which provides an impressive battery life of approximately 200 hours of continuous usage (depending on the climatic conditions under which it is used).
Designed in Australia
The SmartMyk is proudly designed in Australia by a consortium of industry professionals from the sound, film and broadcast industries, combined with a team of highly skilled industrial and electronic designers with major contributions from many of Australia's leading location sound recordists and cameramen.
- Low profile design to complement any DSLR or video camera supporting a flash shoe adaptor
- Manufactured from polycarbon ABS material for maximum durability
- HD audio/broadcast recording quality
- Highly directional condenser microphone capsule
- HD audio internal amplifier to suit all audio inputs.
- Gain boost +15dB; Standard level 0dB;Gain reduction -15dB Internal integrated shock mount minimising mechanical vibration.
- Weather resistant to extreme climatic temperatures.
- Manufactured from synthetic TPE.
- Detachable reticulated polyurethane foam windshield.
- Flexible and lightweight curly cable with a 3.5mm gold stereo mini jack plug to suit most camera microphone inputs.
- Powered by a single 3V 2032 button cell battery.
- Easy access draw for replacement.
- Over 200 hours of continuous use.
- LED power status indicator
- Integrated stainless steel camera shoe mount
- Compact back electret
- Hypercardioid – Shotgun principle line and gradient
- Frequency response 60Hz to 20Khz
- SPL 120dB