Frequently Asked Questions
Print & Create Standard FAQs below | Premium FAQs please scroll down ↓
Click the “Join Now!” link located on the upper right hand side of the screen to create a new account with our service. Your email address will be your user name. Enter the password of your choice.
Creating an account allows you to upload images into albums and gives you exclusive access to those images and albums.
*If the store uploads images for you from film or from a kiosk and you do not yet have an account, you will have 20 days to accept the terms and conditions in order to keep the images online.
You can upload an unlimited number of images for editing, printing, and sharing. The images will be stored in your account as long as you have logged in within a six month period to let us know you are still using your online photo account. Should you forget to log in, you will receive an email stating your images are in danger of being deleted.
Our basic service is free. You can upload an unlimited number of photos for editing, sharing, printing, and gift creation. The only charge is for products you order..
You can choose to download a specific image from your online account back onto your computer. Unfortunately, at this time, you can only download the images one at a time.
- Click on the “My Albums” link located on the right hand side of the screen above the "My Cart" text
- Select the album where the image is saved
- Locate the image and double click on it. The image will enlarge to a pop up overlaying the "My Albums" page
- At the top you will see a "Download: sm | L" option. The "sm" option will download a small version of your image and is good for emailing purposes. The "L" option will download your image at the original resolution
We provide a basic photo editor that allows you to crop or rotate your images as well as apply special effects like black & white or sepia. To get to our "Edit Tools":
- Click on the “My Photos” link located in the My Account dropdown menu located to the left of the "My Cart" icon
- Select the album where the image is saved
- Locate the image and click on the pencil icon in the bottom right hand corner. The image will enlarge to a pop up overlaying the "My Photos" page
When you are done editing, you can save a copy of the edited image in your album or save over the original image. The new edited image can then be ordered like a regular print.
Images are organised in to albums or folders. By default, the album name is the date the images were uploaded. But you have full freedom to change the name, either during the upload process, or in "My Photos" once they are already in your account.
To learn how to change the name of the album as you are uploading, please see our FAQ "How do I change the name of the album I am uploading to?"
Yes. Red Eye Removal is available using our Edit Tools.
For additional information on our Edit Tools, please visit the FAQ "Can I edit my images using your service?"
To share via email:
- Click the “My Photos” link located on the right of the screen under the "Welcome" section.
- Note that you only share the entire album. So by selecting one image and then clicking the "Share" option you will be sharing all images within that album.
- Click the “Share” drop down menu that is on the tan bar above your images, and select “Email”.
- Place the recipient's e-mail address in the “TO” field. You can share photos with up to 20 recipients in a 24 hours period, or with an unlimited number of people if you have spent a total of $10 or more on the site. Make sure you are separating the e-mail address with a semi –colon (;) if you are sharing with more than one email address.
- Add a Subject and a message if you want.
- If you would like to give your recipients sharing preferences, check the sharing preferences boxes.
- Click the “Share” button towards the bottom left of the screen.
Basic – Get Started:
- Drag images into image placement boxes from you album folders at the bottom on the screen.
- To replace an image simply drag another image on top of the image you want to replace.
- To move, zoom or rotate image just select the image and click on the edit tool, choose action you want and the click and move your mouse till the images is where you want, or zoomed to the size you want.
- To insert or edit text – select the text box and you can see the copy on the product as you edit.
- Inside the configuration tool you can save your project and complete later, and you can also upload more photos to use within your project.
- To access all features click the “Customize” button at the bottom right of the builder.
- You can drag clip art, backgrounds, and borders directly onto your project.
- To resize or change image placement just select the image and the move your mouse till the image is in the correct place.
- To crop your image just select the image and then click a box and drag it till desired cropping is shown.
The Order Process
Post out orders can take up to 10 business days ( generally closer to 5)
In store pick up orders, generally 24 hours however contact your store direct if you need them sooner, we can have your order ready in as little as 1 hour just have your order number and name ready so we can locate your order quickly.
There are two ways in which you can crop your images.
The first is prior to ordering anything. When viewing your images in your online folders, you can click the Pencil icon to access the Edit Tools. Please see the FAQ "Can I edit my images using your service?"
The other option is to wait until checkout to crop your photos. If your images need cropping, then you will be given three cropping options.
- Auto crop: will be done automatically, but can result in heads cut off if your subject is near the edge of your images.
- No Crop: fits the entire image on the print, so that the largest side fits on the paper. The empty spaces that are left by the smaller dimensions are then filled with white space.
- Manual: which lets you see and do the cropping.
There are two possible payment types.
Pay Online: If Pay Online is offered, we process prepaid online orders via a PayPal gateway. You do not need a PayPal account, it is just the way we process payments. You can use a Credit card and bypass by clicking "Continue as a Guest." Or you can log into your PayPal account and checkout using whatever payment methods you've setup for your account.
Pay In Store: If Pay In Store is an option you will pay when you pick up your order. However, there may be a limit. For example if the order is over $20 it may prompt you to pay online due to being a larger order.
When placing an order, enter the coupon or promotion code in in the field on the Order Summary page. Then make sure to hit "Apply" button and the shopping cart will automatically total the remaining balance, if any, from the combination of the credit on your account and the coupon.
Please note, if you are combining free prints, dollars off and a coupon on the same order, the free prints are applied first, the dollars off credit is deducted from the sub-total, and then the coupon/promotion code is applied to the order. Please note, you cannot combine a credit, a coupon code, and a Deal in the same order.
Contact our online help team if you have any issues with promotional codes
- After you have selected images in "My Photos" for ordering they are listed in the shopping cart.
- You can click on the shopping cart icon, to see the items current in it at the top. (The bottom section will allow you to add other sizes to the cart.)
- Next to the product name is an "Edit Item" link. This will open a pop up window that will allow you to edit all images currently selected as this product. You can change the product, change the finish, and change the quantity, and it will make this change to all images that were selected.
Or under an individual image you can click the QTY link and edit the quantity of that image. For example if you needed to change it from 1 copy to 2 copies of a specific image.
Aspect Ratio is the size (width x height) of the image. The aspect ratio tells a lab technician what size(s) the image can be printed without requiring cropping. For example, an image with an aspect ratio of 4x6 can be printed at 4x6, 8x12, 12x18, etc without any cropping, because 8x12 and 12x18 are the same ratio as 4x6.
Many digital point and shoot cameras now capture images in a 4.5x6 ratio. This means that most digital images taken with a point and shoot camera will need to be cropped slightly.
DSLR generally take photos using the 4x6 aspect ratio. Some compact or CSC cameras may use the 4.5x6 ration, check your menu setting you may be able to change this setting.
For more information on cropping and cropping options available on the site, please read the question, "How do I crop the pictures in my order?"
- Click on the cog wheel to the right of the album you wish to rename or delete.
- Chose "Rename" or "Delete"
To create a new album:
- Click on the “My Photos” link, located on the right hand side of the screen under the "Welcome" section.
- Click the plus sign to the right of "My Albums".
- You will then be able to name your new album.
- And Click "Add".
- Your new album is now located in the album list!
To move or copy your pictures from one album to another, you will need to have already created the album you want to move the pictures to. For directions on how to create a new album, please see FAQ "How do I create a New Album?"
- Click "My Photos" located on the right hand side of the screen under the "Welcome" section.
- Open the album where the photos are currently located.
- Select the images you would like to move.
- Click "Move/Copy" from the navigation above the images.
- You will be presented with a drop down list of albums currently in your account. Select the album you want the images moved to.
- Click either the "Copy or "Move" button.
- Copy: places a new version of the image in the album.
- Move: places the original image in the new album.
Cancel: Due to the high speed at which the orders are fulfilled, we cannot cancel an order once it has been placed.
Change: Orders are sent as packaged non-editable JPG files to the lab that produces them. Thus an order cannot be edited or changed once it has been placed.
You can check the status of your order at any time by clicking the "My Orders" link located on the right hand side of the screen under the "Welcome" section. Click on your order number to see the details of that order.
One of our Live Help technicians can look up the tracking number for your order. Depending on the order, the technicians may not have direct access to tracking the order. However, if you give the technician your order number and the store you ordered from, they can look it up and get back to you.
Ground Shipping: Unfortunately, we cannot track orders that are mailed via standard ground shipping. If it has been more than the 7-10 business days since you received the "Order Shipped" email, please contact our Live Help technicians, so we can check on your order and reship if necessary.
You can upload an unlimited number of images for projects, printing, ordering, editing, and sharing. The images will be stored in your account as long as you log in at least once every six months to view the photos. Logging in once every six months lets us know you are still using your online photo account. Should you forget to log in, you will receive two emails stating your images are in danger of being deleted due to inactivity. If you fail to log in after the second notice, your images will be deleted.
Please Note: All images are converted to JPEG for printing purposes. And extremely large images may be compressed to help facilitate printing. This occurs at the time of uploading. So while we do store your images as stated above, re-downloading the images may not be the exact file type and size initially used to upload to us.
Check the Terms and Conditions link at the bottom of the page for more information.
We accept the following file types: JPEG (.jpg)
We do not accept: PSD (Photoshop .psd), PDF (.psd), Word Documents (.doc, .docx), or RAW files.
To add photos to your online account via the website, please do the following:
- Click the “Add Photos” link located on the upper right side of the web page under the "My Account" section. Note: This does us Adobe Flash Player, so if you are having trouble update to the latest version.
- You will then select a speed. Regular is recommended for best quality.
- By default it will create a new folder with Today's Date, but you can click "Change Folder" to choose an existing folder, or choose a name for a new folder.
- Next you will click "Select Photos." This will open a pop up browser window of your computer that only you can see. You can then navigate to the folder where your images are located.
- You can the select multiple images within the same folder by using the SHIFT key to select images next to one another, or hold down the CTRL key to then select various images within the folder.
- You will then click "Open" in the bottom right of the pop up. The pop up will close, and the upload will start. You will be able to see the progress of the upload. Once the upload is completed the page will re-direct to the newly upload web folder.
- You now can order these images as prints or use them in a project or make a photo gift!
You can update your email address, change your password, or edit your home address at any time.
- Click on the "Edit Account Info" link located on the right hand side of the screen in the "My Account" menu.
- On this page you can update your email address, change your password, edit your home address, check your orders, upload photos or choose your preferred Ted's store for pickups