The Optio W60?s Face Recognition AF & AE function has also been improved to deliver beautiful portrait shots from a single setting. The W60 can now automatically set the focus and
exposure, so that it can detect up to 32 faces at one time ? all in as little as 0.03 seconds. This is complimented by a SmileCapture mode, which waits until the subject is smiling before
releasing the shutter, and Blinking Detection, which alerts the photographer if the subject blinked at the point of capture.
The camera also features advanced Auto Picture which automatically selects the optimal scene mode from seven different options - Flower, Sport, Night Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, and
Standard modes. It also has a highly sensitive Digital SR (Shake Reduction) mode, which compensates for camera shake and subject blurring during still-image photography. This mode
automatically adjusts the sensitivity, up to a maximum of ISO 6400, in keeping with the subject?s brightness, to permit a fast enough shutter speed to capture a sharp, clear image. In
addition, an electric shake reduction function corrects blurring in images during image playback.
Finally, the 2.5-inch high-resolution (approximately 230,000 dots) LCD monitor is finished with an AR (Anti-Reflection) coating that cuts glare from reflections of external light while
being bright enough to be viewed easily even in bright sunlight. The monitor?s wide viewing angle ? about 170? both horizontally and vertically ? means photographers can conveniently check
their shot from nearly any angle.
(1) Macro mode can be used as close as one centimeter away from a subject for stunning close-up shots
(2) Digital wide function merges two shots into one image for ultra-wide-angle expressions equivalent to a focal length of approx. 21mm in 35mm format
(3) Our proprietary SP (Super Protect) coating adds superior water repellency to the lens?s front protective glass to prevent water droplets from forming
(4) Optional Optio W60 Skin O-CC812 (sold separately) guards the camera from scratches and dirt
(5) Panorama mode stitches a series of up to three shots into one wide photo
(6) Intelligent zoom function extends the zoom range without compromising the optical zoom?s image quality
(7) Supports SD memory cards and SDHC memory cards
(8) Approximately 36.4 MB of built-in memory
(9) Frame composite function allows photographers to shoot and create images with decorative frames; 80 styles to choose from
(10) Date and Time imprint function for easy image categorizing
(11) Includes the ACDSee for PENTAX 3.0 image viewer/image management software, that supports Windows VistaTM
(12) Supports PictBridge, DPOF functions, Exif Print, and PRINT Image Matching