Pentax Kr + 18-55mm Black
Own it now, up to 6 months interest free.
*A $6 monthly account fee applies
(only payable if a balance is owing) See full Ts & Cs
- 12.4 Megapixel stabilized CMOS sensor
- Sensitivity range: ISO 100 to 25 6006 fps high-speed continuous shooting
- CMOS-shift Shake Reduction
- SAFOX IX AF sensor with 11 selectable points
- Live View on a 3’’ LCD monitor, 921 000 dots
- Video recording in HD compatible
High-quality image reproduction
Incorporating a high sensitivity CMOS sensor with 12.4 megapixels combined with the high-performance PRIME II (PENTAX Real Image Engine) imaging engine, PENTAX K-r produces high-quality images with fine details, rich gradation and superb rendition, while suppressing digital noise to a minimum. The K-r indeed offers an impressive noise management.
Compact and lightweight body
Weighing only approximately 600 grams (21 oz.), its compact and lightweight design not only makes it easy to carry the PENTAX K-r anywhere, but also makes it highly maneuverable in various shooting conditions.
Continuous shooting at 6 images per second
The K-r’s high-speed continuous shooting mode records up to 25 images (in JPEG recording format) in a single sequence at a maximum speed of 6 frames per second — the fastest of all entry-class models — allowing you to preserve sharp, crisp images of fast-moving subjects with great ease.
PENTAX Shake Reduction mechanism for blur-free images
The K-r features the PENTAX-Shake Reduction, which is compatible with all PENTAX lenses -even those designed for analog cameras, effectively compensates the effect of camera shake by up to 4 shutter steps. Thanks to this mechanism, the K-r produces sharp images even under demanding conditions.
HDTV-proportion movie recording
The K-r captures beautiful, true-to-life movie clips in 16:9 HD TV proportions at a frame rate of 25 frames per second. This extends many benefits of high-quality SLR photography to the world of movie shooting: for instance, reduce the depth of field to make a subject stand out, or use different interchangeable lenses to create distinctive visual effects. The K-r also allowes to add specific visual effects during shooting.
High-precision autofocus system
The K-r’s high-precision SAFOX IX autofocus system features 11 sensor points (with 9 cross-type sensors in the middle) to assure pinpoint focus on the subject. The accuracy and speed of contrast AF operation during Live View shooting has also been enhanced by the incorporation of a new-generation image sensor and drastic upgrading of autofocus algorithms.
Bright, clear optical viewfinder
Thanks to the combination of PENTAX-original finder optics and the renowned Natural-Bright-Matte focusing screen, the K-r’s viewfinder offers a bright, clear subject image at 0.85x magnification and with a 96% field of view. The in-focus point is indicated as a red point in the viewfinder for at-a-glance confirmation.
3'' LCD high resolution monitor
The K-r features a large, high-resolution color LCD monitor with 921,000 dots. Its wide-view design assures a clear view of the monitor image from 170 degrees horizontally and vertically.
Versatile dual-power-source design
In addition to the rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, which allows the photographer to capture 470 images (with 50% flash), the K-r can also be powered by 4 AA-size batteries using an optional accessory, which removes worries about unexpected battery shortage, especially on the road.
Innovative image-processing functions
(1) Custom Image functionThe K-r offers a choice of 9 Custom Image modes, which allows you to easily select a desired finishing touch for a particular image in order to more faithfully express your creative intention or emphasize the prevailing atmosphere.
(2) Digital filters function The K-r’s digital filter function allows you to process recorded images and produce highly creative visual expressions without the need of a computer. You not only have a choice of 18 different filters, but can also apply different filters one after another to a single image to create more visual effects.
(3) Cross process modesThe K-r features the unique Cross process mode, in which the camera automatically shifts photographic parameters for each exposure to create eye-catching images with unique, dramatic colors — just like pictures treated with the cross process in film photography.
(4) Upgraded HDR (High Dynamic Range) functionThe K-r features the HDR (High Dynamic Range) function to create one composite image with an extra-wide gradation range from 3 images with different exposures, without the need of a computer.
(1) DR (Dust Removal) mechanism, to shake dust off the CMOS image sensor.
(2) User-friendly layout of essential control buttons and levers, all positioned on the camera’s grip side for quick, effortless access.
(3) Auto Picture mode, for effortless, automatic selection of the most appropriate shooting mode, even during Live View shooting.
(4) Eleven scene modes, including a new Night Scene HDR mode.
(5) Versatile white balance control, featuring a new CTE mode designed to emphasize the dominant color components of the captured images which works best with such scene as sunset.
(6) Automatic compensation of distortion and lateral chromatic aberration (available only with DA-,DFA- and FA Limited-series lenses).
(7) PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 software package, with RAW-data processing and browser applications.
|Available Colours||White, Pink, Red, Black|
|Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)||14637|
|Sensor Size||23.6 x 15.8mm|
|ISO/Sensitivity||200 - 12800|
|Image Stabilisation||Sensor Shift|
|Min Shutter Speed||30 sec|
|Max Shutter Speed||1/6000 sec|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||6 fps|
|Self Timer||2 or 12 sec|
|Metering||Spot, Multi-pattern, Centre-weighted|
|Video Resolution||HD 720|
|Charger||Includes Li-Ion Charger|
|File Formats||AVI, JPEG, RAW|
|Dimensions||125 x 97 x 68mm|
|Lifestyle Uses||Travel/Landscape, Portrait, Family/Pets/Party|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 YEAR|