Frequently Asked Questions about Working at Teds
How do know if there are positions available at Ted’s Camera Stores?
- Available positions are usually advertised on our Seek or our website.
How do I apply for a position at Ted’s Camera Stores?
- You can apply for an advertised positon through Seek or our website.
What’s the recruitment process?
- Receipt of your application will be acknowledged.
- If your application is of interest you will receive a call from our HR department or a store manager so that we can obtain further information.
- If all goes well with your telephone contact you may be invited for a formal interview.
- Interviews are conducted by a senior manager or executive manager.
What is the dress code at Ted’s Camera Stores?
- There is no second chance to make a first impression! Our staff are expected to wear neat business dress which complements the black shirts with embroidered Ted’s logo, that is provided to all staff.
Do Ted’s employ casual staff?
- Over 50% of Ted’s staff are casual employees who include university or other students, return to work mum’s and retired full time workers.
As a casual employee when would I be required to be available to work?
- We are a seven day a week trading business so we require employees with availability to work weekends, weeknights and weekends. The more availability you have the more likely you are to be able to secure a position.
- Casuals will be expected to have full availability over the Christmas/New Year period.
When is the Christmas Casual recruitment conducted?
- Between October to November, adverts are usually advertised for Christmas casual roles on Seek and our website.
- Christmas Casual employment is usually temporary from the commencement date to the first week of March.
What are the Trading Hours?
- See the store locator on the Ted’s website for trading hours for each store.
Do I have to have a vast knowledge about cameras?
- Whilst a good knowledge of cameras is required you don’t have to be a professional photographer. What is required is that you have a passion for providing great customer service and an ability to problem solve on their behalf.
What are some of the main duties will I do as a sales and lab person?
- Our staff are multi-skilled and are able to perform equally well selling a $1,000 camera as they are at printing a photograph on our specialised printing equipment, merchandising products in an appealing way and general housekeeping of the store.
What Training and Development opportunities do you offer?
- Ted’s Camera Stores employs two full time trainers as well as having a sophisticated online training platform and face to face product information evenings with our suppliers.
- We also have a number of specialised training programs which include Work Health Safety and our Senior Development Program for employees wishing to progress to a management role.
How do I find out where my application is at?
- You will be advised by email when your application has been received. We will contact you again if we are interested in your application and then an interview to follow up from there.
- You will be advised if you have been successful only after attending an interview.
How can I tell if my application has been received?
- You will receive an email.
What formats can I use for my Cover Letter and Resume?
- PDF or Word document.
What are my Working requirements?
- Working visa, residency or citzenship
- 100 points of ID to verify your identification
- We will perform a National Criminal History Police Check