Cam Ranger Features
- Wirelessly stream live view from the camera to the platform device.
- Double tap to increase magnification.
- Single tap to focus on an area or make incremental focus adjustments.
- Perform focus stacking.
- Frame rate of about 8 – 18 fps depending on the camera.
Take and View Pictures
- Wirelessly capture images in multiple drive modes.
- Thumbnails automatically appear on the top of the screen after taking a picture.
- Tap a thumbnail to view the image and its associated meta-data.
- Images are always saved to the camera card and optionally downloaded to the device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, or Mac or Windows computer).
- Optionally select to have images automatically view on the device.
View Full Resolution Images
- Double tap to view the image at full resolution.
- Supports full screen mode to maximise the screen size.
- Toggle a variety of overlays: AF points, highlight, shadow, grid lines, and aspect ratio.
- Configure your device to automatically display pictures as they are taken.
- Toggle on “Client Mode” to remove camera controls from the platform device.
- Allows others such as clients, directors, or associates to quickly and wirelessly view the shots after they are taken by the photographer at the camera.
- Start and stop movie recording.
- View video while recording.
- Focus adjustments and touch focusing.
- Movie features are very camera dependent, see supported cameras for more details.
Intervalometer and Bulb
- Configure as an intervalometer to take time lapse pictures.
- Supports bulb mode with typical control and by using custom defined shutter lengths.
- No need for your device to remain connected after starting.
View and Set Camera Properties
- Shutter Speed
- Metering Mode
- Drive/Shooting Mode
- White Balance
- Image Format
- Focus Mode (Nikon only)
- Auto Exposure Mode (Nikon only)
- Exposure Compensation & Bracketing
- Software Auto-Focus toggle to toggle AF/MF
- Configure CamRanger to take a series of pictures automatically varying Shutter Speed, Aperture, or ISO.
- Images can then be post-processed with 3rd party software.
View Camera Card Contents
- View thumbnails of the images on your camera’s memory card.
- Select images to be permanently deleted or download them and save into your device’s (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, or Mac or Windows computer) photo library.
- Double tap image to view full resolution image.
- Provides very precise focusing control.
- Great for situations requiring awkward camera placements.
- Perform automatic focus stacking to enhance depth of field (post processing with 3rd party software required).
Experimental Focus Peaking (New in 1.6.7)
- New Experimental Focus Peaking provides an outline for all infocus areas for both Live view and Video mode!
Night Mode(New in 1.6.7)
- A feature requested by the astrophotographers, this feature provides a red overlay to help keep your night vision intact.
Canon: 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 7D, 6D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1DX, 1DC
Nikon: D5000, D5100, D5200, D90, D7000, D7100,D300, D300S, D700, D600, D800, D800E, D3, D3s, D3x, D4
For a full list of supported camera features please click here
CamRanger's Free Software is compatible on the following platforms
- iOS: iPad 1 and newer (including iPad mini), iPhone 3GS and newer, and iPod Touch 3rd generation and newer (download at the iTunes store)
- Android: 3.2 software and up (download at the Google Play store)
- Mac OSX: 10.7 and 10.8 OS (download at CamRanger.com)
- Windows: Windows 7 and 8 OS (in beta, download at CamRanger.com)